Thanksgiving is in 2 days...Mike's parents are coming up from Oregon and we will be spening Thanksgiving at my grandma's house. It will be really packed...but that just adds to the entertainment. I am excited because all 6 of the great grandkids will be there, and with that many kids...all 4 or under will be very exciting!
What am I Thankful for this year? I would have to say it is my marriage. Mike and I have seen a lot in the past year with other marriages and relationships and some of the turmoil that marriages go through, or even the turmoil prior to marriage. But through all of it, it has brought him and I closer. We have been talking a lot more and been able to express so much more to each other. Although I wish that I wouldn't have had to be a witness to some of the stuff that went on in other peoples marriages, I know that Mike and I have learned from it and we have grown from their struggles. I know we are not invisible though. As a wife I constantly need to make sure that I have my priorities where they are supposed to be. First is always Jesus, then Mike, then the kids and then me. That can be so hard! The kids are so used to getting their "way" all through the day and then when Mike is home I forget that he needs my time also.
Well I guess that is all for today...I haven't decided if I really need to do this...since I already have a facebook and myspace (which I don't like) and then to add one more thing to check! But I will see how it goes. But then I can just blab and blab and whoever wants to read it can! Have a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment