I guess I should probably update this a bit...It has been a long time!
Well things have changed a bunch! First...Marcus's finger! Let's just say that we serve an amazing God. I look at his finger and I can hardly tell anything happened. There is a little line where it was put back together, but I am sure with some more growing that will disappear. His little fingernail has grown back all the way and looks normal! The doctor was thinking that the first nail would look a little weird...but it is fine! We are still working with the insurance company as to what they are going to pay...but that is a long story!
Other news...At the end of February, Mike found out that he was being laid off from AHO. He loved his job, but we knew that it was happening for a reason and we would find out that reason soon enough. After looking for a few jobs and trying to stay where we were (not selling the house or making other drastic changes, like me going back to work) we came to the conclusion that we should try our own business. So...we are officially in business for ourselves. Mike's Home Repair and Care!!! We are both excited, but we know that it will take lots of time, but it is already taking off. Mike already has jobs lined up for when he officially starts...April 1. I am not done with him at home yet :) I will be the CEO...accounting, secretary...almost everything except going and doing the dirty work :) There have also been tons of blessings also in the whole thing. Jobs already lined up (lots of them), family members who are helping out with advice and lots of praying from everyone who heard about the situation.
So that is a little update on us! We are celebrating McKenna's 3rd birthday tomorrow! For me that is a huge day...that was the start of me staying home and being a mommy! Actually today was my first official day off of work 3 years ago. Love and hugs to all of you! Happy Spring!
1 comment:
Congrats on the start of the new home business! I pray and trust that the Lord will bless your intentions to stay home with your kiddo's - no higher calling.
Post a Comment