Wow...it has been a really long time since I wrote anything on here. So here is what is new. The kids are growing like crazy. Megan is 6, McKenna is 4 and Marcus is 2 for a little while longer. They are getting so so big and old, I guess that makes me old too.
We started school last year. Home school with Mommy! I am LOVING it this year. I purchased a new curriculum for Megan and it is awesome. I love that after just a couple days she thanked me for her "books". It is the Rod and Staff Curriculum for 1st grade. Very basic and not a lot of frills, what is exactly what my distracted little Megan needs. We also started Kindergarten with McKenna. She is only 4, but she is doing a pretty good job of getting her work done. But I forget how young she is and her writing skills aren't there (numbers and letters) so it is difficult to do some of the stuff, but she is trying so we will get there. Then little Marcus, some days he sits and colors at the table and other days he plays with EVERY toy in the play room. Fine with me, since last year he was always wanting to sit on Megan's lap while she was doing school. So I am okay with the mess.
We had a great summer, the weather was crazy as it never turned hot here, well how the TC are supposed to be hot and it is September and fall is in full swing. Mike's job is going good, can be a little stressful, but the bills are being paid and he is liking it for the most part. We went and visited Mike's parents in August. We had a blast. We went to a Wildlife Safari, took a tahiti trip down the Rogue River, went in a jet boat on the Rogue, went to the Fair, went bowling with Grandpa, watched the monster trucks and tough trucks at the fair, rode the rides at the fair....it was a jam packed week. Then on the way home we stopped and seen the 10 foot Sturgeon, Herman at the Bonneville Fish Hatchery, that was pretty cool.
Mike and I went on our first anniversary vacation. He surprised me and took me to Cascade Locks for the weekend, Sunday through Tuesday. It was amazing. Everything was a total surprise the whole time, I loved it. We went golfing, we hadn't done that together since we dated. Went to a very nice lodge for our anniversary dinner. It was a great time, but it was weird for both of us not to have the kids around, but we survived.
Well that is all, I am going to try to write more...more about school that is. What we are learning, what we are doing and anything else that pops up :) Have a Fantastic Day!!! Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment